The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
Job Subcategory: MOD (Ministry of Defence)
Job Description (Roles and Responsibilities):
The British Embassy in Chisinau is part of the world-wide UK diplomatic network working on behalf of British political, economic and consular interests overseas and is now looking to recruit a full-time Driver & Clerical Assistant.
The successful candidate will act as a Driver and Clerical Assistant to the UK Defence Attaché and Defence Section.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as driver to the UK Defence Attaché and other Defence Section staff as required, including routine, official and representational duties;
- Provide clerical support to the Defence Section, including correspondence, filing, organising meetings, diary management and monthly financial reporting;
- Provide out of hours/weekend support as required, including overnight/extended trips in support of the Defence Attaché’s duties;
- Management of the Defence Section vehicle, including logs, authorised repairs, and routine servicing/maintenance;
- Support miscellaneous tasking such as purchasing and payments;
- Management of an individual Electronic Procurement Card within delegated limits.
Essential qualifications, skills and experience:
- Proficient level (both written and spoken) in English, Romanian and Russian;
- At least 1 year of working experience as a professional driver;
- A minimum of 6 months of working experience in office administration;
- Excellent communication and time management skills;
- Ability to multitasking and work under pressure;
- A good understanding of the role and outputs of the Moldovan Security and Defence sectors;
- Basic IT skills (Microsoft Office package).
Desirable qualifications, skills and experience:
- Understanding of the role and outputs of the UK Security and Defence sectors is highly desirable;
- Military experience would be an advantage.
Required competencies: Making Effective Decisions, Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace, Demonstrating Resilience
Application deadline: 18 December 2019
Type of Position: Permanent
Working hours per week: 35
Country: Republic of Moldova
Type of Post: British Embassy
Starting monthly salary (MDL): 11,905 gross
Start Date: 27 January 2019
Other benefits and conditions of employment:
This is a full-time, and permanent contract.
The successful candidate will have acess to learning and development opportunities such as:
- Opportunity to attend advanced driving courses;
- Mentoring package on clerical duties by the Assistant to Defence Attaché;
- Full range of Foreign & Commonwealth Office and Ministry of Defence residential and distance (online) courses, including the Diplomatic Academy Programme.
All applicants should have the right to live and work in the Republic of Moldova.
If you are interested in this job fill in the application HERE