The U.S. Embassy in Moldova is pleased to announce the annual competitions for the Global Undergraduate Exchange Program (Global UGRAD) for the 2020-2021 academic year. The program is sponsored by the U.S Department of State. Global UGRAD provides a diverse group of emerging student leaders with a scholarship for one semester of non-degree academic study at a U.S. college or university. Successful applicants can expect an in-depth exposure to U.S. society, culture, and academic institutions, as well as opportunities to enhance their professional skills.
All participants will be enrolled in full-time, non-degree, undergraduate course work at a U.S. university. Participants will live in campus housing facilities with American peers and will be required to participate in twenty hours of community service. There will also be a virtual arrival orientation and an in-person end-of-program workshop. In addition to chosen courses, participants will be required to take one, 3-credit U.S. studies course to enhance their understanding of the United States.
- Applicants must be a citizen of Moldova (permanent residents of the Transnistrian region may be considered regardless of citizenship.)
- Applicants must be studying in Moldova.
- Scholarships will be granted to students who currently are enrolled in full-time undergraduate programs only, having completed a minimum of their first semester of study by January 2020. Participants must have at least one semester to complete at their home institutions upon completion of the Global UGRAD Program.
- Applicants should demonstrate leadership potential through academic work, community involvement, and extracurricular activities.
- Applicants must achieve minimum TOEFL score of 45ibt.
- Preference will be given to those who have had little or NO experience in the U.S. or outside of Moldova.
- Applicants are required to return directly to Moldova after the completion of the program.
- Applicants are over 18 years of age at the moment of application.
Deadline for the on-line application is December 31, 2019. For more info and on-line application please visit: https://www.worldlearning.org/program/global-undergraduate-exchange-program/ Please send questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
What is Global UGRAD: Global UGRAD Flyer (PDF)