Location: Chisinau, Moldova
Closing date: 31 January 2020
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved – and is committed to continuing to improve – economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
The objective of the D4I Project is to increase capacity for rigorous evaluation. Increased capacity for evaluation is achieved when policymakers and program implementers in USAID’s priority countries increase their use of data to inform policies and programs. We will achieve that objective through a set of activities and strategic approaches that will generate strong evidence for policies and programs, build individual and organizational capacity, and facilitate the use of data. The result will be a mutually reinforcing process of improved information generation, data analysis, and use to inform policies and programs. The primary objectives for the D4I project in Moldova will be to Enact an effective case management system for the Moldovan child protection sector & ensure Moldova’s child protection sector M&E system is equipped with a full set of comprehensive indicators for data collection and decision making.
In order to support the activities described above, Palladium/D4I is seeking an English to Romanian to English translator in addition to a Romanian to English to Romanian interpreter OR firm.
The vendor will be requested to:
- Translate from English to Romanian and Romanian to English documents as indicated by the activity lead on an as needed basis.
- Edit documents written in Romanian to improve grammar and readability as directed by the activity lead.
- Provide simultaneous or consecutive Romanian to English to Romanian interpretation as directed by the activity lead
The capabilities required of the vendor:
- Ability to translate both from English to Romanian and Romanian to English
- Ability to provide both consecutive and simultaneous interpretation (English to Romanian and Romanian to English)
- Ability to translate documents with a very short turnaround time
- Experience translating documents in related field preferable
- Understanding of monitoring and evaluation concepts preferable
Please submit your qualifications to provide the services detailed above including but not limited to capability statements, past performance information, resumes & rate information.
This request may result in single or multiple awards based on expressions of interest received for this opportunity.