International Development Group (IDG) LLC is seeking a Securities Depository/Regulatory Expert to support work associated with the USAID Moldova Financial Sector Transparency Activity (FSTA). As part of a team, the Securities Depository/Regulatory Expert will work with the Government of Moldova (GoM) agencies including the CSD, MoF, National Bank of Moldova (NBM) and others to support changes and identify key issues and challenges affecting the financial and non-banking financial institutions (NBFI) sectors. In this position, the expert will work closely with the CSD to assist them in gaining access to international markets.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in business or law or an area relevant to the financial sector industry
- At least 10 or more years of experience in the securities depository industry and/or fintech industry
- Strong knowledge of the operational and legal/ regulatory/membership issues involving other security depositories (Euroclear and Clear Stream) in the EU
- Strong knowledge of emerging markets, challenges and practices
- Strong communication skills both written and oral
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Fluency in English required
- Work as part of a team of international and local experts to assist the GoM to provide solutions on regulatory issues and challenges
- Review and analyze and make recommendations on laws and regulations passed by the GoM to enable the CSD to meet EU standards and best practices especially in the area of EU depositories
- Work with Euroclear and Clear Stream groups to understand and start the application process for the CSD.
- Act as an advocate to other international CSDs, government agencies and stakeholders
- Prepare a work plan during the first week of the assignment and report weekly updates during the assignment
- Prepare a detailed discussion paper on the legal and operational issues, financial costs and the benefits and disadvantages joining Euroclear and/or Clear Stream
- Conduct roundtable discussions with market participants and stakeholders
- Recommend and document changes to laws and regulations to enable membership with other CSDs
- Assist and prepare along with the CSD team draft applications to join Euroclear and/or Clear Stream
Closing on 15 January 2020.
About the Organization
International Development Group LLC (IDG) is an international development consulting firm that assists donors, governments, and the private sector to achieve sustainable, broad-based economic development and poverty reduction. IDG assistance programs aim to build institutional capacity in the public, private and non-for-profit sectors to achieve measurable and sustainable impact for their communities. Since its foundation in 1988, our company has been successfully managing complex development programs for USAID and other international donors in over 25 countries.
IDG has worked for USAID and other international donors for 25 years, on over 30 projects, in over 25 countries, including: Afghanistan, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Bosnia, Brazil, Chile, Georgia, Ghana, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Lebanon, Liberia, Macedonia, Malaysia, Morocco, Nigeria, Russia, Senegal, South Africa, Tunisia, Ukraine, West Indies.
Founded in 1988, our company has been successfully managing complex development projects worldwide for USAID and other donors. IDG has extensive experience managing USAID Economic Growth IDIQ contracts and projects, as a small-business prime holder of the PFM IDIQ, Global Business Trade and Investment (GBTI II) IQC, earlier as a prime holder of Omnibus I and Omnibus II, and also as a subcontractor on Macro II. IDG currently implements, as a prime contractor, significant USAID EG projects in Azerbaijan, Tunisia, and, over the last four years, has worked also in Armenia, Lebanon, Liberia, Ghana, Senegal, Nigeria, South Africa, and Macedonia.
International Development Group (IDG) is an equal opportunity employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran).