WELCOME to the Blue Book Traineeship website
Twice a year, the European Commission offers 1800 paid, 5-month administrative or translation traineeships.
Starting on 1 March or 1 October, trainees gain hands-on experience in EU policymaking in a multicultural environment.
ABOUT the Traineeship
Trainees work all over the European Commission, its services and agencies, mostly in Brussels, but also in Luxembourg and elsewhere across the European Union.
The nature of your work will depend on the service you are assigned to.
You may, for example, work in the field of competition law, human resources, environmental policy, etc.
What does the traineeship offer?
Insight into the processes and policies of the European Institutions;
The opportunity to contribute to the day-to-day work of the Commission’s;
The opportunity to put academic theory into practice.
What does a trainee’s daily work consist of?
- Attending and organising meetings, working groups, and public hearings;
- Researching, drafting end editing documentation – including reports and consultations;
- Answering citizens’ inquiries;
- Supporting the management of projects.
What do we expect from you?
- An open-minded approach to European issues;
- An interest in learning about the Commission’s working methods;
- Willingness to work in a multicultural environment;
- To contribute to the Commission’s daily work from a fresh perspective;
- A proactive attitude.
Calendar of sessions
- FROM 16 July 2019 (12:00, midday, Brussels time)
- TO 30 August 2019 (12:00, midday, Brussels time)
- PRESELECTION: September – October
- ELIGIBILITY CHECK: November
- RESERVATIONS: December – February
1 March 2020 – 31 July 2020
- FROM 6 January 2020 (12:00, midday, Brussels time)
- TO 31 January 2020 (12:00, midday, Brussels time)
- PRESELECTION: February – March
- ELIGIBILITY CHECK: April – May
- RESERVATIONS: June – September
1 October 2020 – 28 February 2021