Are you part of a civic tech initiative in the Eastern Partnership or other European countries that helps local communities, holds governments accountable, or provides digital services to citizens? Do you have a story that will inspire others? Experience with civic tech? Then apply until the 21st of February to join us as a mentor at our 2020 EaP Regional Ideathon on 13-14 March in Chisinau!
We, at the EU-funded ‘Eastern Partnership Civil Society Facility’ project, are looking for civic tech professionals from the Eastern Partnership countries and other European countries to help participants of the 2020 EaP Regional Ideathon with better formulating their ideas for digital solutions and selecting the best ones to join the 2020 EaP Civil Society Hackathon in Kyiv.
What is the Ideathon all about?
The 2020 EaP Regional Ideathon is a 1.5 days incubation meeting of civil society activists – authors of shortlisted ideas of digital solutions and mentors from civic tech, IT and consulting companies, on 13-14 March in Chisinau, Moldova. Shortlisted applicants will have two days to present their ideas and to work on improving them with the mentors. On the second day of the Ideathon, the mentors and the organisers will select 20 solutions for participation in the 2020 EaP Civil Society Hackathon to be held on 3-5 April in Kyiv, Ukraine.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for mentors who want to give back to the community and contribute to civic tech development in the EaP region. Our ideal mentor is a founder or an experienced team / project lead of a civic tech project, who could tell Ideathon participants about his/her projects, and help them with formulating and refining their proposed digital solutions, including deciding on the type of technical solution needed (implementation mode and features), and developing the architecture and logic of their solution.
We are looking for someone who:
- is currently working within a civic tech project in the Eastern Partnership region (Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova and Ukraine) or other European countries (the EU Member States or the Balkans);
- has at least 3 years of experience in implementing and / or managing civic tech projects and/or IT projects in the spheres of e-Government, e-Democracy, e-Services, citizen journalism or open data;
- fluently speaks English and / or Russian.
How do you apply?
To apply, send us a letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org until 21 February, 14:00 CET, with a one-paragraph description and a link to your civic tech project, your role and responsibilities, and your most recent CV (in English or Russian).
The Regional Ideathon in Chisinau is an important step in selecting the best ideas for the upcoming Hackathon. It is our chance to work with the authors and check if their ideas are worthwhile and feasible, improving them before developers and designers get to work on the code. Take a minute and check the ideas participating in the 2019 EaP Regional Ideathon here!
What is in it for you?
- You will get the chance to promote projects you care about and improve their visibility with engaged citizens from the region.
- You will have the opportunity to give back to the community and support the civic tech movement where it is needed.
- You will have the chance to work with, teach and learn from an amazing international team and mentees from diverse backgrounds and with a broad range of talents.
- You will have the occasion to visit Moldova and get a taste of this unique country! Our Project will be covering travel and accommodation expenses for all mentors.