We’re looking for inspirational projects on Youth Participation, Media and Information Literacy and Communication! Apply and inspire others to take actions and needless to say – we have cool awards for you and your team.
NOMINATE AND WIN AWARDS!
- Your projects featured on our international Participation Resource Pool
- A VIP invitation to the Conference on the Future of Youth Participation in May 2020 in Tallinn, Estoni
- Interrail tickets for your core team (5 tickets) to discover Europe
- A photo camera or 500 EUR seed money for your future amazing projects
- Being featured in a mini-documentary showcasing inspirational initiatives
WHAT PROJECTS AND WHAT TOPICS?
- Youth and the media
- Information and critical thinking (including Media and Information Literacy)
- Promotion and outreach (focusing on youth participation and the youth field in general)
- Empowerment of young people for youth participation
- Impact on decision making
By telling stories and recognising work well done, we can inspire young people, decision makers and future applicants of Erasmus+ and European Solidarity Corps to do youth participation better.
BUT WHAT IS BETTER?
Better is meaningful. Impactful. Well thought through and well led initiatives. Still confused? Here are some keywords for a quality check:
- Youth participation projects where young people are involved as equal partners with adults or leading the process on their own, with the intention to be involved, express their views on, and have decision making power or influence the decisions that concern them.
- Media and Information Literacy and Communication projects where activities are focused on improving youth participation. Quality of information and skills of critical thinking are the key to be able to understand, make choices and influence decisions.
THE PROJECTS OF PROCESSES SHOULD:
- Be completed or completing by February 2020,
- be implemented on a local, national or international level,
- be good practice,
- be initiated or led by young people or with meaningful (as opposed to tokenistic), involvement of young people in different stages of the process/project,
- provide learning moments for others,
- be cases of outstanding communication where the project has been visible and reaching target audiences* (* for Media and Information Literacy and Communication categories),
- has achieved „real” results (e.g changes in policies or decisions, created more or new opportunities, etc).
We are mainly focusing on case studies from Erasmys+ and European Solidarity Corps but we are also opened for best practices from outside of these two programmes.
WHO CAN NOMINATE?
- Organisations, movements and groups who have led projects on relevant topics;
- Public bodies (including the National Agencies of Erasmus+ and European Solidarity Corps), decision makers and local municipalities who have implemented, funded or facilitated projects or processes;
- Individuals who have been part of or led any relevant projects.
NOMINATION DEADLINE IS FEBRUARY 5, 2020 (23:39 PM CET, 2020)
NOMINATE YOUR PROJECTS HERE!
QUESTIONS? Write us at firstname.lastname@example.org