- RFP Number: RFP# 2020/01/0001 Mol
- Issuance Date: January 31, 2020
- Deadline for Offers: February 15, 2020
- Description: Organic Agriculture Value Chain Assessment in Moldova
- For: Farmer-to-Farmer Program – Southern Africa
- Funded By: USAID, No. 7200AA18LE00005
- Implemented By: CNFA
- Point of Contact: Ms. Nadejda Mocanu;Country Director; email@example.com
Section 1: Introduction, Technical Background and Scope of Work
- 1.1 Introduction: CNFA is a non-profit international development organization based in Washington D.C. which currently implements the USAID-funded Farmer-to-Farmer project in Moldova. As a part of project activities, CNFA is seeking the services of a local or international company to develop an assessment of the Moldovan Organic Agriculture Value Chain.
Offerors are responsible for ensuring that their offers are received by CNFA in accordance with the instructions, terms, and conditions described in this RFP. Failure to adhere with instructions described in this RFP may lead to disqualification of an offer from consideration.
- 1.2: Scope of Work: CNFA requires the services of a local or international company to develop the Moldovan Organic Agriculture Value Chain Assessment. Please refer to Annex 4 for further details.
- 1.3: Period of Performance: Anticipated as March 2, 2020 through April 30, 2020.
- 1.4: Tasks: The selected offeror will provide the following services requested by CNFA:
Produce the Organic Agriculture Value Chain Assessment: According to the Scope of Work, preliminary list of the focal value chains includes the following:
- Organic fruits and berries;
- Organic vegetables;
- Organic herbs and spices;
- Organic oleaginous and aromatic plants;
- Organic flour-based products (bread & pasta), and
- Organic livestock.
Additional value chains may be included during the inception phase of the consultancy, based on initial literature review and discussions with stakeholders, and with approval of CNFA. Tasks of the assignment include the following (please see Annex 4 for the complete SOW):
- Review of the relevant literature pertaining to Moldovan, regional, and European organic sector;
- Revision of the outline based on the review, to ensure that the current study is complementary to the existing sources. This revision may also include additions to the preliminary list of focal value chains, after approval by CNFA. Discussion of the revisions with the stakeholders and finalization of the outline;
- Interviews with Moldovan, regional, European, and international organic agriculture stakeholders;
- Development of a first draft of the assessment. Revision based on input from CNFA;
- Presentation of the second draft to stakeholders;
The Assessment will be in English. A summary of 15 pages to be presented to the stakeholders, and the full report will be a maximum of 10 pages per product/value chain (excluding annexes). If no additional products/value chains are added, the full report will be no more than 60 pages without the annexes.
- 1.5: Deliverables:
The following are the anticipated deliverables for this assignment. CNFA reserves the right to revise deliverables at its discretion during negotiations with the successful offeror pre and/or post-award. 1: Final Proposed Outline 2: First Draft of the Value Chain Assessment 3. Second Draft of the Value Chain Assessment 4: Final Draft of the Value Chain Assessment
- Click here to download full RFP.