The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
Foreign and Commonwealth Office (Operations and Corporate Services)
Job Description (Roles and Responsibilities)
The British Embassy in Chisinau is part of a world-wide network, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas and is now looking to recruit a Security Guard. The main purpose of this role is to provide the first line of physical security to the mission.
Main duties and responsibilities include:
- Ensure the physical security of the Embassy, including that of its staff, visitors and assets;
- Secure the Embassy compound and its buildings, carrying out regular security sweeps;
- Unlock and lock the Embassy outside office hours.
Static duties from the guard house:
- Act as first point of contact for visitors and telephone enquiries;
- Liaising between reception, staff and visitors;
- Monitor CCTV and security systems;
- Responding to emergencies and incidents.
- Patrol the Embassy compound and its perimeter;
- Carry out security checks on visitors and vehicles entering the Embassy compound;
- Carry out Health & Safety tasks as directed by the Security Manager.
Essential qualifications, skills and experience
- Proficient user in both Romanian and Russian (both written and spoken);
- Good level of spoken English language skills;
- At least 1 year of previous working experience in the Security field or in a customer facing role;
- Reliability and flexibility to work overtime as required;
- Ability to work in a team, responds flexibly to changing circumstances and deadlines;
- Excellent health and physical condition;
- Must be able to deal with visitors and members of the public politely and fairly;
- Basic IT skills: Outlook, MS Word.
Desirable qualifications, skills and experience
- First aid skills would be an advantage;
- Previous experience as a security guard in a Diplomatic Mission would be a plus.
Changing and Improving, Making Effective Decisions, Delivering at Pace
17 February 2020
Type of Position
Working hours per week
Starting monthly salary (MDL)
23 March 2020
Other benefits and conditions of employment
This is a full-time permanent position of 35 hours (net) per week. The gross monthly salary is 11,428.80 MDL payable in 12 equal instalments.
All applicants must currently hold the independent right to live and work in Republic of Moldova and be prepared to ensure that right remains the scope of the contract.
The British Embassy does not sponsor for work permits.
Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy in Chisinau are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”.
We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
FCO does not pay for travel related expense incurred in interviews (including Security Check) or accept any financial risk, including cancelation or reschedule costs. The FCO will not meet the costs connected with relocation if offered a position.