The Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung (FES) Office in the Republic of Moldova is looking for a Programme Coordinator for its Programme on Social Policies and Trade Union Cooperation.
Established in 1925, the Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung (FES) is a non-profit organisation and the oldest German political foundation committed to the ideas and values of Social Democracy, whose purpose is to promote the principles and foundations of democracy, peace, international understanding and cooperation.
The Programme Coordinator will be responsible for coordination of the FES activities in the field of social dialogue, labour (trade unions and partners), social/ labour policies, training programmes in the above-mentioned areas, cooperation within the FES regional trade union programme.
The Programme Coordinator, as an outcome of our activities, will design project proposals for future work in the given areas and be responsible for all related administrative and logistical aspects of this work. Additionally, he/she will work in close cooperation with the FES team to contribute to the implementation of the FES programme in Moldova.
About the position:
Starting date: preferably April 1st, 2020
Duration: April 2022, with possibility of extension of the employment contract
Applicants should have:
• A University/Master degree, preferably in Social Sciences, Political Science, Public Administration, Economics or other related fields;
• At least three years of working experience in programme management/ coordination in the social or related field, or development of social programmes;
• Sound knowledge of industrial relations and trade union structures in the Republic of Moldova would be an added advantage;
• Good understanding of analytical project design and development;
• Strong analytical, drafting and communication skills;
• Excellent interpersonal and intercultural skills;
• Good organizational skills with the ability to multi-task;
• Good experiences with social media and communication outreach activities;
• Capability to work independently as well as in a team;
• Good command of English, both written and spoken; knowledge of German would be an asset.
How to apply:
If you are interested in this position, please submit the following documents:
• CV with two references including contact details.
• Letter of motivation: Please elaborate on your background and its relevance for this position. Also please address the following questions: What is your understanding of the role of trade unions and what are, in your opinion, the main challenges of the Moldovan unions? What should be, in your opinion, Moldova’s reform priorities in the social field?
The motivation letter shall not exceed 2 pages in length.
Please send your application to the attention of Juliane Schulte, Representative of the FES in Romania and the Republic of Moldova, at firstname.lastname@example.org, not later than February 24th, 2020. We will confirm the receipt of your application via email. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited to an interview.