About the Implementer:
People in Need (PIN) is a Czech non-governmental organization that provides relief aid and development assistance while working to defend human rights and democratic freedom. It is one of the largest relief and development organizations in Europe and has administered projects in 37 countries over the past 20 years. People in Need has been working in the Republic of Moldova since 2003, implementing projects in the field of economic development, civil society and youth development, education, being actively involved into the deinstitutionalization process and development of the Local Social Inclusion Strategies.
Within the Project „Community Planning of Social Services through Public Dialogue”, PIN Moldova aims to involve a Legal Consultant on preparation of recommendations for amending the legislative and regulatory framework. These recommendations will also be discussed and analysed together with the Working Group and Steering Committee. The document will be presented to the Ministry of Health, Labour and Social Protection in order to be pushed forward at appropriate times, whenever it is possible for the Parliament or Executive to review specific regulations.
About the Project:
The “Community Planning of Social Services through Public Dialogue” Project was designed by the CzechAid (CzDA) within the Development Cooperation of the Czech Republic with Republic of Moldova. The overall objective of this project is to contribute to meeting the basic social needs of vulnerable people based on the real needs and reflecting available resources in individual communities. The specific objective of the project is to support the development mechanism for transparent community planning of social and related services based on demand, the actual needs and available resources in the community. Such development mechanism will serve Moldova’s public administration to improve the system of planning and meeting the needs of vulnerable people.
Scope of Work
The „Legal Advisor” is expected to support PIN Moldova and mainly under the Activity 1.6 of the Project the Working Group on providing legal advice that includes all the aspects of the analysis, investigation, formulating recommendations and drafting process of amendments related to legislative and regulatory framework of the system of social services in Republic of Moldova. The work will be mirrored in the process of community planning of social services in all its aspects.
Some of the responsibilities that need to be handled by him/her:
- Conduct legal analysis and research on legislative and regulatory framework related to system of social services in Republic of Moldova. Social services are part of social assistance and protection legislation.
- Provide recommendations on different legal issues and assist in drafting proposals for the Government and Parliament.
- Conduct legal research by utilizing various resources and selecting the relevant material to analyse the legal information.
- Assist in reviewing the legal material and any other relevant documents and to identify the most important issues that need to be sorted out on a priority basis
- Work closely with Working Group of the Project.
- Higher education in areas related to social assistance / social protection, completed by a bachelor’s degree or equivalent;
- General professional experience in the field for at least 5 years;
- Experience in the elaboration, monitoring and evaluation of public policies, legal and regulatory framework;
- Experience in conducting research and elaborating analytical studies, methodological works (documentary evidence attesting that the services previously provided comply with similar conditions of provision, accepting, web links where they can be viewed the studies in which he participated);
- Proven work experience with representatives of central public authorities / or local public administration;
- The experience of collaboration with actors within the social assistance and protection system will be an advantage;
- Excellent team player with a proven track record of working with multi stakeholder community;
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills;
- Excellent command of Romanian and Russian languages.
Proposed Breakdown of tasks with timelines:
|Elaboration and presentation of Working Methodology to PIN||Working Methodology will include: planned timeline, methodology / approach, planned stakeholders to be consulted, data collection and analysis tools, qualitative and quantitative protocols for data collection and analysis||8 days|
|Present the preliminary findings and the recommendations to Project Working Group||Short debriefing with a summary of analysis done and the drafts of some legislative amendments||1 day|
|Present the preliminary findings and the recommendations to Project Steering Group||Short debriefing with a summary of analysis done and the drafts of some legislative amendments||1 day|
|Adjusting the document according to the agreed proposals.||The document will be adjusted according to the proposals and recommendations given by WG & SG.||10 days|
|Presentation of the Document: Legal Analysis and elaboration of recommendations for amending the legal and regulatory framework of the social services system (assistance and social protection) addressed to vulnerable groups in the Republic of Moldova.||Final document will be presented||10 days|
- Analysis of legal and regulatory framework related to social services as a part of social assistance and protection system.
- Draft preparation of legislative / normative amendments or recommendations considering the processes of community planning of social services in all its aspects.
!!! NOTE!!! The deadline for submission of the Final Document is within 30 days, after signing the contract of services provision.
The applications for the Legal Consultant position should be submitted by email to email@example.com, by 17:00 (Republic of Moldova) on Wednesday, February 20, 2020, with Ref.: ‘Selection of a Legal Consultant’ in the subject line.