The Te Doy Foundation (TDF) seeks a Local Program Director (LPD) for the INL two-year Establishing a Family Justice Center Project in Moldova. The project aims to support an inter-disciplinary, holistic approach to combating domestic and gender-based violence through the establishment of a Family Justice Center in Moldova in order to protect and assist victims and their children who are affected by all forms of domestic and sexual violence by ensuring access to all necessary support services. The LPD candidates should be experienced professional with exceptional leadership skills and possess a deep understanding of the Moldovan context. The LPD candidates should have demonstrated experience delivering results in complex environments at national and local levels and with a variety of public, private, and civil society stakeholders; the ability to effectively work across different cultures; and extensive experience managing diverse teams to deliver impact within agreed timelines. Specific, substantial experience in GBV and/or gender issues is an advantage. This position will be based in Chisinau. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Provide leadership and strategic direction to ensure the programmatic and financial integrity of the activity;
- Serve as the primary liaison with INL/Moldova on technical, strategic, and contractual matters;
- Lead efforts to collaborate and coordinate with other INL/Moldova projects, other donor-funded projects, government of Moldova institutions, and private sector and civil society stakeholders, ensuring that relevant, productive, and complementary activities are coordinated and leveraged effectively;
- Ensure quality control and overall responsiveness of technical assistance provided under the contract, including activity results and deliverables;
- Oversee activity administration, implementation, and financial management to ensure implementation aligns with budget allocations, internal TDF policies, and INL regulations;
- Supervise senior technical and operational staff;
- Coordinate activities with the TDF home office and the International Program Director; and
- Proactively identify issues and risks related to implementation in a timely manner and make appropriate programmatic adjustments to meet contractual objectives and results.
- Minimum five years of relevant technical experience in justice reform or other international development area(s) (at least three of these years should be in a management/leadership position in programs of a similar scope and scale);
- At least four years of experience in Moldova (preferred) or a similar context;
- Master’s degree in law (preferred), international development, gender studies, or other relevant field. A bachelor’s degree in law (preferred) or other relevant field with 7 years of relevant experience may be substituted for a master’s degree;
- Thorough knowledge of the current and historic problematic on domestic, gender-based, and sexual violence in Moldova preferred;
- Demonstrated ability to successfully lead and manage challenging projects involving a broad range of public, private, and civil society stakeholders in a multi-agency setting;
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills;
- Fluency in written and oral English and Romanian required; and
- Must be of Moldovan nationality; and
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity.
Please apply at email@example.com, with a cover letter and CV before March 21, 2020. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.