The German Development Cooperation through GIZ is looking for a Policy Advisor within its project “Support to the Moldovan Government in the implementation of the 2030 Agenda”.
The Policy Advisor will provide technical policy advice and capacity building initiatives in the implementation of the project. He/she will support the government of the Republic of Moldova in a structural analysis of existing strategies in line with the national development strategy.
The following responsibilities are included in the assignment:
- Provide high-level policy advice regarding the implementation of the 2030 Agenda; prioritization and nationalization of Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) including monitoring and reporting;
- Develop trainings and capacity building measures to strengthen the capacities and processes to integrate the SDGs into planning processes in selected ministries at the national and regional level;
- Promote national ownership and mobilize national and international creative potential;
- Support processes that allow for effective coordination and consultations with relevant stakeholders;
- Define tools to support acceleration and provide guidance to ensure integrated policy support;
- Advise on mainstreaming sustainable development into national and local policies through identification of SDGs interlinkages and accelerators;
- Work on SDG campaigns to ensure effective citizen and civil society engagement;
- Initiate strategic processes from the perspective of the 2030 agenda;
- Assist the government and other relevant stakeholders in presenting the work of Moldova on SDG related work, including resource mobilization;
- Perform any other work-related task contributing to the project success.
- Master´s Degree in Economics, Business, International Relations, Development Studies, Public Administration or related field;
- At least 6 years of professional working experience in policy development, strategic planning, preferably in a cross-sectoral integrated manner, previous experience in/with government institutions, international development and partnership building;
- Experience in coordinating large and complex processes with multiple different actors; government, civil society, academia, the public and the private sector;
- Proven track record in providing high-quality, development-relevant analysis and policy advice in areas such as planning, public financial management, SDG financing, or poverty reduction;
- Proven excellent written and verbal skills in Romanian and English. German and/or Russian would be advantageous;
- Outstanding analytical skills;
- Effective negotiation and moderation skills;
- Strong drafting, presentation and reporting skills;
- Ability to contribute to strategic planning and reporting, as well as resource mobilization.
- Moldovan citizenship or holding permanent resident status in Moldova.
Applications, including detailed CV, references and motivation letter shall be sent not later than 06th of April 2020, time 17:00, to the address firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention the position name in the title of your application message. Only shortlisted candidates will be asked for an interview.
The finalist will be offered a fixed-term employment contract based on a 40-hour weekly work program and concluded in line with the national labour legislation. Please note that applications received after the deadline will not be considered. GIZ retains the discretion to re-advertise the position, to cancel the recruitment or offer an appointment at a lower grade or with a modified job description. GIZ is committed to employment equity in the workplace and encourages qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply.