Louis Berger is a global professional services corporation that helps infrastructure and development clients solve their most complex challenges. We are a trusted partner to national, state and local government agencie, multilateral institutions and commercial industry clients worldwide. By focusing on client needs to deliver quality, safe, financially-successful projects with integrity, we are committed to deliver on our promise to provide solutions for a better world. Louis Berger operates on every habitable continent. We have a long-standing presence in more than 50 nations, represented by the multidisciplinary expertise of nearly 6,000 engineers, economists, scientists, managers and planners.
Louis Berger, a WSP company, has an exciting opportunity for an English – Romanian Translator/Interpreter to join the R 16 team project based in Falesti, Moldova.
Under the supervision of the Team Leader and Deputy Team Leader, the Translator/Interpreter Specialist is responsible for providing translation and interpretation support for the R 16 project team. The Translator/Interpreter Specialist provides written translations of official correspondence from and into English and Romanian languages, reviews and ensures the accurate translation of technical documents and reports produced for project implementation; accompanies the project management and high-level visitors to facilitate dialogue by providing both consecutive and simultaneous interpretation at meetings and events.
- Provides high level consecutive and simultaneous interpretation services at meetings and other events including one to one and group situations; interprets messages simultaneously or consecutively into specified languages, maintaining message content, context and style as much as possible;
- Translation of project technical materials from English to Romanian and Romanian to English, including letters, legal documents, notices and teaching materials;
- Participation at meetings, conferences and social gatherings and interpretation and translation of technical terminology; provision of explanations to facilitate communications, promote understanding and develop rapport with Romanian/English speaking counterparts;
- Edit and proof-read texts produced within the project team before they are submitted further to the Client or otherwise widely shared.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Completed secondary education supplemented by formal studies or training in languages, translation and interpretation, and relevant specialized studies;
- Ability to deliver high quality oral consecutive and simultaneous interpretation services;
- Extensive experience in written translation services;
- Minimum two years of relevant work experience in translation and/or interpretation;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English, Romanian language;
- Computer literate with practical experience in Microsoft Office applications.
- Proven technical writing and communication skills.
Application details: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/1819482375/