The Legal Resources Centre from Moldova (LRCM) is a non-profit organization that contributes to strengthening democracy and the rule of law in the Republic of Moldova with emphasis on justice and human rights. Our work includes research and advocacy. We are independent and politically non-affiliated.
This activity will be carried out under the project Promoting the Rule of Law in Moldova through Civil Society Oversight, with the financial support of the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID).
2. PURPOSE OF ASSIGNMENT
LRCM seeks to contract a consultant / team of consultants (hereinafter referred to as – the Consultant) to deliver a two-day online training on Project Proposals Writing for the LRCM team. The training aims to enhance LRCM team’s skills and knowledge on how to design competitive projects, with a particular focus on the European Commission/EU funding & tender opportunities (including the EIDHR instrument). The training with a maximum duration of sixteen (16) working hours shall be conducted online, preferably on 25-26 June 2020. The exact period/date will be set by common agreement between the LRCM team and the selected consultant.
The training shall mainly address the following topics / issues related to theoretic and practical aspects of Project Proposals Writing for successful grant applications. The list of topics is illustrative and not exhaustive. The consultant should suggest additional/other topics considered relevant to the purpose of the training.
The training shall be structured as follows:
LOT I – Introduction to Project Proposals Writing
(the first day of the training) shall focus on, but no limited to:
- Designing project proposals: What are the essential elements of a project proposal? How to better structure a project proposal?;
- How to understand the donors’ requirements and expectations? (a desired emphasis on the donors present in the Republic of Moldova is expected);
- Planning project proposals: How to create a project proposal needs analysis and adequate solutions with the project idea;
- How to plan and estimate level of effort, timing, versus the expected result;
- Budgeting: How to prepare accurate and realistic budgets;
- Partnerships & contacts – the particularity of joint applications.
LOT II – EU funded Project Proposals Writing
(the second day of the training) shall focus on the writing project proposals funded by the EU, but not limited to:
- Translation of EU priorities into our own research interests and vice versa;
- Awareness to award criteria;
- Making a workplan from a to z;
- How to deal with a low success rate;
- How to assure a high EU added value;
- Important steps in the writing process / specific EU criteria;
- Preparing an appropriate and relevant budget
3. KEY DELIVERABLES
The Consultant shall provide the following deliverables:
- The suggested training agenda;
- Delivery of the training course for an expected audience of +-10 people through online means;
- A project writing toolkit/series of templates designed for LRCM, which assist the team when writing project applications.
4. REQUIREMENTS FOR THE CONSULTANT
The Consultant (company or individual) shall have proven experience in conducting similar activities with at least 5 years of experience. Additional requirements include:
- Bachelor’s degree in development studies, communications, or similar. Master degree is an advantage;
- Minimum of five years of relevant experience in proposals writing related to rule of law, human rights, civil society etc. Proven ability to draft/edit texts, articulating ideas in a clear and concise style, and develop theories of change, results frameworks and budgets for projects;
- Proven skills and ability in presentation, communication and facilitation of trainings applying interactive and participatory based approaches;
- Proven familiarity with EU Project Cycle Management Guidelines and EU standard grant application forms (call for proposals);
- Proven track record in development of successful project proposals;
- Proficiency in English. Knowledge of Romanian is an advantage.
- Good personal and corporate reputation and integrity
5. EVALUATION CRITERIA
The cumulative method will be applied in the evaluation of the applications. The contract will be awarded to the candidate achieving the highest cumulative score from the technical and financial parts of the proposal. The technical proposal accounts for 70% of the total score and the financial proposal will account for 30% of the total evaluation score.
The offers will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
|Methodology / action plan||25|
|Relevant professional experience in proposals writing||10|
|Proven familiarity- with EU Project Cycle Management Guidelines and EU standard grant application forms (call for proposals) for LOT II and- with General Project Cycle for LOT I||15|
|Proven skills and ability in trainings, presentation, communication and facilitation of trainings applying interactive and participatory based approaches||10|
6. APPLICATION PROCESS
Offers may be submitted by individual candidates and/or legal entities. The signed and dated offer shall be sent by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org by 28 May 2020, including the following components:
- the copy of the registration certificate/extract for the legal person and the updated CV of the candidates, together with a Cover letter, which will contain: (1) interest in the assignment and a short description of previous portfolios/beneficiaries, record in development of successful project proposals, and any other information requested at p.4 above; (2) the name and contact details of two reference persons;
- An outline of the envisaged methodology for the assignment (outlining the overall approach and suggested methods) – maximum one page;
- financial offer in USD, with the breakdown of costs (consultancy fee per number of anticipated working days). Offers submitted in any other currency will be converted at the official exchange rate of the National Bank of Moldova at the deadline date for submitting the offers;
- declaration on conflict of interests. In case of a conflict of interests, real or potential, with the members or employees of the LRCM, the candidate is obliged to declare it in a written document enclosed to the application (no particular form required).
For local resident candidates: (a) legal entities are invited to send their financial offers with the application of the VAT exemption with deduction right. The confirmative documents for VAT exemption will be presented by the beneficiary; (b) individual candidates – net amounts.
For foreign individual candidates/legal entities, if selected, the tax resident certificate issued by the relevant tax authority of the origin country will be requested. Upon presentation of the certificate of residence for tax purposes based on the Convention for the avoidance of double taxation, the Consultant will have the sole responsibility for the payment of all applicable taxes relating to Consultant and Consultant’s employees arising from payments to be received.
(!) Individual successful candidates should justify the requested fees by filling in a form (Contractor Employee Biographical Data Sheet in line with USAID requirements) indicating the fees received for similar services from at least three contractors, with the attachment of the supporting documents.
The Consultant can apply for one or for both lots and submit their proposals accordingly.
Disbursement and payment modalities will be agreed upon by both parties and specified in the contract with the Consultant.
For any clarifications on the assignment, please e-mail at email@example.com.
NOTE: LRCM reserves the right not to choose any candidate in case the offers received do not meet the desired requirements mentioned in this ToR.
LRCM is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage application from all qualifying candidates. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital or parental status or other category protected by law.