International Development Group LLC (IDG) is an international development consulting firm that assists donors, governments, and the private sector to achieve sustainable, broad-based economic development, and poverty reduction. IDG is the prime contractor on the three-year USAID Moldova Financial Sector Transparency Activity (FSTA) Project, based in Chisinau, Moldova. To support the Chisinau office, IDG is seeking an experienced Operations and Finance Manager with expertise managing USAID contracts, overseeing budgets, and leading financial and operational activities. Qualifications and responsibilities are listed below.
To apply for the position, please send a cover letter and CV to the email listed in the posting.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Lead overall project field operations including financial, administrative, procurement, logistics, and human resource responsibilities
- In coordination with the home office, ensure project compliance with USAID and IDG procedures, rules, and regulations
- Record all financial transactions into accounting system; manage project funding needs; develop, manage, and monitor field project budgets; and prepare financial reports to the home office
- Manage all field procurements and ensure appropriate approvals are obtained from management
- Ensure the timely submission of financial reports and monthly field expenses
- Manage payments to vendors and ensure that all paid invoices have supporting documentation, including price quotes per IDG’s and USAID’s procedures for procurement
- Develop and implement accounting and reporting systems for project expenditures, and provide guidance and training to project staff and partners on financial procedures
- Coordinate regularly with the IDG home office and provide timely updates on finance and operations matters
- Manage project operations including office space, equipment, logistics, and other administrative duties
- Make logistical arrangements for the team and manage drivers and vehicles
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, international development or related field. Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 7 years in similar financial, compliance, and operational role supporting USAID and international donor projects
- Experience managing the budgeting and financial reporting requirements on USAID-funded projects
- Strong knowledge of generally accepted accounting practices, financial reporting standards, financial management processes and procedures
- Familiarity with USG Federal Acquisition Regulations and USG contracting rules
- Demonstrated ability to prepare deliverables, including Quarterly and Annual Progress and Financial Reports, Budgets, and other reporting to USAID
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills and ability to solve complex problems
- Ability to write, communicate, and prepare financial and procurement-related documents clearly in English
- Fluency in English and Romanian is required
To apply for the position, please send a cover letter and CV to the email: firstname.lastname@example.org by 15 May 2020.
About the Organization
International Development Group LLC (IDG) (www.internationaldevelopmentgroup.com) is an international development consulting firm that assists donors, governments, and the private sector to achieve sustainable, broad-based economic development and poverty reduction. IDG programs aim to build institutional capacity in the public, private and non-profit sectors to achieve measurable and sustainable impact in communities around the world. Since its foundation in 1988, IDG has been successfully managing complex development programs for USAID and other international donors in over 30 countries.