To support the ADA Coordination Office in Chisinau in ensuring a successful implementation of the EU funded project “Development of Rural Areas in Moldova”, the Austrian Development Agency (ADA) is recruiting an Finance & Administration Officer for the project.
The EU funded project will be implemented over a period of 48 months (mid Nov. 2017 – mid Nov. 2021).
Further background information and documents regarding ADC’s engagement in Moldova are available on our homepage www.entwicklung.at.
The Finance & Administration Officer will be based in the Project Office in Chisinau with trips and visits to the different project partners and beneficiaries within Moldova and be responsible for administrative and financial management of the project.
- Ensure sound financial management of the overall project, in particular ensuring compliance of the project expenses with ADA and EU relevant budgetary and financial policies and procedures as set out in the Delegation Agreement between EU and ADA governing the project and according to ADA’s Project Operational Manual (POM)
- Produce detailed budgets for project components in cooperation with the two Project Managers as well as financial/expenditure reports and cost forecasts following ADA rules on a monthly basis or as requested
- Maintain records and ensure proper accounting, in particular verifying incoming financial reports received from implementing partners for accuracy and compliance
- Draft financing requests for the EU
- Monitor consistent use of tools and templates for financial and project compliance throughout the project period
- Identify financial management issues during project implementation and propose corrective action and measures to the two Project Managers to mitigate risks
- Articulate and advocate for ADA’s position on matters of financial management regulation and other contractual issues
- Support project audit activities in close coordination with the Finance, Accounting and Control Unit at ADA headquarters
- Be responsible for the office management and project related procurement activities and purchase orders in compliance with ADA’s Project Operational Manual (POM), including financial and contractual preparations and management
- Be responsible for compliance with local tax and financial management regulations, including maintaining relations with local tax authorities, and in particular ensuring compliance with relevant procedures for customs and tax exemption
- Ensure proper funding of the project office and administrative management
- Accounting of the Project Office
- Prepare all financial transactions
- Record all financial transactions in compliance with ADA’s financial system (“BAKAWA”)
- Management of petty cash
- Support Project Managers in the day to day office administration, in filing and documentation
- Organize, prepare and participate in Steering Committee meetings and Advisory Board meetings and ensure follow-up
- Coordination with contracted partners involved
- Assist in the preparation of events, visits and field missions
- Carry out any other duties or assignments, as required
Nature of assignment
The assignment shall start in June 2020, till December 2021.The assignment will be full-time; flexibility in working hours is required.
Responsibilities & Coordination
The Head of the ADA Coordination Office in Chisinau has overall responsibility concerning all disciplinary, organisational and contractual matters of this employment.
First level superior in all technical aspects is the Head of Administration at the ADA Coordination Office in Chisinau. The Finance & Administration Officer will work under the supervision of the Head of Office and the Head of Administration. The Finance & Administration Officer will support the two Project Managers under the project in relation to administrative and financial management procedures. The Finance & Administration Officer reports to the two Project Managers.
In addition, the Finance & Administration Officer will be in close cooperation with the Finance, Accounting and Control Unit at ADA headquarters in Vienna.
The Finance & Administration Officer will also report to the Project Steering Committee through the ADA Coordination Office in Chisinau, as required.
Qualification and Experience required
- University degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or Business Administration
- At least 3 years of working experience
- Solid knowledge of financial and accounting procedures and experience in project accounting and reporting
- Practical knowledge of economic and financial issues related to development project appraisal
- Knowledge in tendering processes based on EU and Moldovan procurement regulations
- Demonstrated work experience in financial management of donor funded projects
- Experience in development cooperation and issues related to poverty reduction
- Demonstrated gender, diversity and environmental competence
- Excellent Computer skills and Excel skills
- Experience in using financial software
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Flexibility to adjust working hours to actual workload as requested by the Coordination Office in Chisinau
- Capacity to work under pressure and availability to travel
- Languages: English (very good to excellent, both oral and written), Romanian and Russian. German would be an asset.
Gross salary per month 950 EUR – 1200 EUR depending of qualification and work experience. Documents to be presented by the applicant:
- Letter of motivation (in English)
- Curriculum vitae (in English) + photo
- Names, contact details and working relationship of three professional references (at least one referee should have been your direct supervisor)
- Copies of academic certificates and testimonials
Deadline of application: 31 May 2020
Interested candidates should submit their application to the Austrian Embassy / Coordination Office for Technical Cooperation: email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be asked for an interview.
Applicants are invited to consult the Terms of Reference FINANCE & ADMINISTRATION OFFICER