|Duration:||1 year with possibility for extension(with 3 months of probation period|
FAO in partnership with the Government of Moldova is implementing the project “Enabling a policy environment for integrated natural resources management and implementation of an integrated approach to achieve land degradation neutrality in Moldova”. The main project objective is to support and scale up the introduction of innovative climate-smart agriculture practices, and sustainable forest and land management to achieve land degradation neutrality.
The incumbent will work under the direct supervision of the Project Coordinator and overall supervision of the FAO Representative in Moldova and Regional Office for Europe and Central Asia (REU).
Monitoring, evaluation, communication.
Tasks and responsibilities
· Support the Project Coordinator in monitoring and evaluation of key project results and impacts;
· Design a system for monitoring the effectiveness of the project’s communications;
· Determine the principal messages to be disseminated by the Project;
· Determine the key audiences for each message;
· Determine the optimal media for conveying the messages to the targeted audience;
· Draft a communication strategy;
· Train Project Coordinator Unit (PCU) and national staff on communication techniques;
· Work with the PCU to design, develop and support use of communication tools as the project evolves, conveying the project findings and outputs: websites, posters, leaflets, TV interviews, radio interviews, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
· Higher degree in impact monitoring and communications
· 5 years of experience in monitoring and evaluation of projects
· 5 years of experience in communications or media relations with a national government agency or international private sector organization
· Demonstrated ability to (i) train (ii) develop communication tools – written, verbal, electronic, etc.
· Fluency in oral and written English, Romanian and Russian.
FAO Core Competencies
· Results Focus
· Building Effective Relationships
· Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
· FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing).
· Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted.
· For other issues, visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please send your CV with all relevant details to FAO-Moldova@fao.org by 15 June inclusive.
Vacancies will be removed from the recruitment portal at 23:59 Central European Time (CET) on the deadline for applications date. We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline date.
If you need help, or have queries, please contact: iRecruitment@fao.org