YOUR MAIN TASKS
You will be responsible for coordinating the programmes activities and partnerships in Moldova, Ukraine and Belarus, based in Chisinau (Moldova), and be part of a dynamic and networked team with flat hierarchical structures working across Eastern and South Eastern Europe, with the overall programme management based in Bern.
Your tasks will vary significantly and require continuous adaptation as well as travelling throughout the region (including also other counties in which the programme is active). Your tasks mainly revolve around three areas:
• Coordination: Develop and coordinate the programme’s activities and partnerships within the defined region in accordance with the Sida Collaboration Agreement, assuring quality in implementation and achievement of objectives. This includes research and design, backstopping partners in applying an MSD approach and related tools, conducting strategic reviews of activities, monitoring and reporting.
• Knowledge Management and learning: Integrate the three countries into the programme’s overall knowledge management and learning processes, stimulating active discourse between the programme and its partners and stakeholders in line with the overall objectives and approach.
• Administration and compliance: Assure compliance of the programme’s activities in the three countries with required administrative and financial processes, most importantly good risk management.
We are looking for an open-minded professional from either of the three above-mentioned countries (preferably from Moldova), curious and eager to try out new things and able to motivate others to take responsibilities in achieving a shared vision; who understands her/his role as enabler and facilitator for learning and innovation and is concerned about applying good practices in management and administration.
We strongly encourage the application of women and people of non-binary gender identity.
Minimum criteria are:
• An academic degree (Master or equivalent) in economics, development studies or similar social science
• At least 5 years of relevant work experience in development, particularly the field of economic and labour market development, including vocational education and training (VET)
• A good understanding of the Market Systems Development (MSD) / Making Markets work for the Poor (M4P) approach with experience in its application to different sectors and contexts
• A good understanding of related tools and methods, including the DCED Standard for Results Measurement and research methods and the ability to advise others in the use of these
• We are looking for competencies in coaching/consulting, training/capacity building, management and team leadership, analytical and strategic thinking, communication
• Experience in results-oriented Project Cycle Management
• Excellent communication in English (spoken and written) with a proven record in publications and reporting, delivery of trainings etc.
• Knowledge of Russian or another language spoken in the three countries is of advantage
We offer you an interesting challenge in a motivated team with attractive working conditions including a salary that is competitive on the regional market for senior experts. You will have a working space in our office in Chisinau but have the flexibility to work independently from home office and other offices in the region. The programme spans across a region of 12 countries and will include different forms of online team collaboration but also frequent travels.
We look forward to receiving your complete application including motivation letter and CV by 31 July 2020.
Please send your applications to email@example.com, for more information visit our website www.helvetas.org/en/eastern-europe or send your enquiries to the mentioned email address.